Guest Post by Gurpreet
I usually have 2 deodorants in my body care kit so that I don’t get bored with one J. Few weeks back I was on a hunt of a replacement of one of my deodorants and considering my past experience with the night cream (reviewed here) I thought of trying something from Oriflame. I got a product catalogue from my parlour lady and she also told me about the various offers going on that month. I noticed their Silk Beauty collection and a very nice summery looking White Glow APD and bought it.
Ingredients: Aqua, Aluminum Chlorohydrate, Ppg-15 Stearyl Ether, Steareth-2, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Steareth-21, Cyclohexasiloxane, Parfum, Glycerin, Allantoin, Morus Alba Extract, Silk Amino Acids, Sodium Chloride, Prunus Serrulata, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid
Price: 179 INR (I got this for 130 under a promotion)
Packaging: It is a roll on deo that comes in small cream-ish plastic bottle with a dull peach-ish pink plastic cover.
Application/Usage: Just glide onto your underarms; 1-2 strokes are enough for me.
My take on Oriflame Silk Beauty White Glow APD: It is a usual roll-on deo. It took me sometime before I started liking it, because I didn’t like its fragrance much. It has a slight woody fragrance (unable to give a better description, sorry). But soon when I was over the fragrance, I liked this deo for its ani-perspirant effects and its long lasting nature. Can’t say much about their 24hr claim, but it really lasts for 8-10 hours.
When all's said and done, it is a good alcohol-free APD.
· Come in a roll-on packaging (might be a cons for some; but I am a fan of roll-ons)
· No irritation or itching
· Some roll-ons are sticky but this one is not#
· Leaves no patches on the skin
· Fully justifies the anit-perpirant effect
· Long lasting
· Fragrance is little strong for me. Personally I don’t like deos that have a strong fragrance; I use deos for their anti-perspirant nature and not as a perfume.
· Availability could be a challenge; not really available on online shopping websites, shopping malls, general stores, outlets. You have to find an Oriflame rep to order this.
Conclusion: It is an average sort of product; nothing fancy and nothing too bad. I won’t really recommend this and won’t buy this again due to the fragrance (might sound little finicky :-P).
Which deo are you currently using??
About the Author:
Gurpreet is a professional working in a corporate environment and is passionate about all things related to beauty and blogging.